Not Included, but Available Upon Request
- Airport transfers
- Water skiing and wake boarding 15 minutes away in Cajarc (river Lot, Summer only)
- Nanny and baby sitting
- Personal trainer, yoga, Pilates and holistic training
- Massage therapist, manicure, pedicure and body waxing
- Treatments, makeup and hairdressing
- Bread Delivery
Country Chef Penelope Horn
French country cooking at Le Moulin sur Célé
Penni serves up simple and absolutely superb local fare. We can’t recommend her enough.
For dinner, the cost is Euro 25 per head per day and the minimum is 4 people and maximum is 12.
Penni takes the pressure off needing to cook after a long day by the river and her dinners are a treat!
Please email her at email@example.com to make an order.
Lunch, Dinner or picnic?
Most guests prefer to have Penni prepare dinner, but should you prefer a different meal - or multiple meals per day - this can be arranged upon prior request.
Booking in advance
So she can organise herself for your stay we need to know in advance which days you would like dinner for your party. This will all be taken care of when you make your booking.
Change of plans
We understand you may want to change your plans to visit a local restaurant. We can accommodate this if Lillian the house manager receives a text with 24 hours notice, (before 18.00 the day before).
We need to be fairly strict on this as we don’t want Penni’s beautiful meals not to be enjoyed.
For dinner service, Penni cooks at her house and delivers it to the kitchen before 18.00 each day. It will just need warming up in the oven which is easy to use.
Penni is happy to discuss your special requests, vegetarian, picnics, etc!
• Chilled courgette, basil & parmesan soup
• Roasted red pepper soup with balsamic syrup
• Smoked Mackeral pate
• Smoked salmon Mousse
• Salad of grilled aubergines & courgettes with feta cheese and olives
• Roquefort cheesecake with poached pears with a balsamic dressing
• Seasonal Salad
• Melon and Serrano ham Seasonal
• Chicken Basque ~ portions of chicken with chorizo peppers and rice
• Coq au Riesling ~ Chicken cooked in white wine with bacon, mushrooms & leeks with crushed potatoes
• Chicken or Pork and broccoli gratin~ potatoes, broccoli meat or poultry topped with a cream sauce and bread crumbs.
• Stifado ~ Rabbit cooked in tomato sauce with cinnamon & spices with crushed potatoes
• Osso Bucco ~ Veal or pork cooked in white wine & herbs with rice or crushed potatoes
• Cold poached salmon with tarragon ~ Served with potato salad & marinated mushrooms
• Vegetable gratin ~ Carrots, cauliflower, broccoli & courgettes in a cheese sauce, topped with potatoes
• Fennel gratin ~ Fennel & cherry tomatoes baked with cream & thyme, topped with parmesan crumble
• Aubergine and feta cheesecake with lemon potato salad & green salad
• Normandy pork sautéed in cider sauce, with creme fraiche and apples.
• Duck confit tart - a deep tart with confit, garlic & cream topped with potatoes & accompaniment salad
• Lemon Cheesecake
• Lemon and Almond Meringue Roulade
• Chocolate Hazelnut Meringue Roulade
• Pear & Almond Tart
• Fruit Crumble
• Chocolate Panna Cotta with Oranges & Marsala Wine
The knowledge of a few cases of fantastic wine waiting for your arrival is essential for the perfect Villa holiday.
There are a couple of good wine merchants in Cajarc, on the main square (very easy to find).
However a delicious good and light Rose for daily drinking can be delivered from Château Saint Baillon.
Most importantly it can be delivered directly to the house.
When ordering by phone, double-check the order as the staff at the chateaux may not speak very good English.
Please have it delivered to Le Moulin's estate manager:
17 Rue du Faubourg
46160 Cajarc France
Be sure to let Lillian know which delivery is yours so its not enjoyed by anyone else. She will have it ready when you arrive.